Glass of Water and Stress and Anxiety

                                                     A Glass of Water and Stress and Anxiety
        A Psychologist  paced around a room as spoke about managing stress to an audience .
      She raised a glass of water. Everyone expected she would ask the classic question :" Is  the
     glass half empty or half full ? " .
    But instead , she smiled . " How heavy is the glass of water ? " she asked.
   The audience's guesses ranged between 100 and 500 grams .
   She replied , "The actual weight of this glass has no real significance .
What does matter is  How long I hold the glass . "
   If I hold it for a minute , it doesn't feel so heavy . If I hold it for an hour , I'll eventually start cramping up in my arm ."
  If I hold it for a whole day , my arm will probably numb up and feel paralyzed .
 In each case the glass weight doesn't change , but the longer I hold it , the heavier it gets .
 She continues  , " Stress and Anxiety  are like a Glass of Water. If we stress about things for a
  short while , nothing happens .
 If we think about them a little longer , it starts to hurt .If we think about them all day , we will feel paralyzed-unable to do anything ."
 It's important to remember to let  go of whatever stresses you , so …..
Every evening ,as early as possible, put away the stress you may have carried during the day. Don't carry things throughout the evening and into the night .

            REMEMBER TO PUT DOWN YOUR GLASS OF WATER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Invisible Mother